About St. Johns Vein Center
Do you experience…
- Leg discomfort or heaviness?
- Skin discoloration?
- Venous Ulcers?
- Varicose Veins?
The Origins of Varicose
The word origin and history of the word “varicose” is indeed an ancient one. Derived from the Latin word varicosus “full of dilated veins,” varicose veins have been a nuisance that has plagued mankind for a very long time. How long? Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine, had been known to come across this age-old vexation.
While operation has traditionally been the primary treatment for varicose veins, advancements in technology today offers a myriad of solutions for complete removal of varicose veins, most via non-surgical methods.
Privacy, Respect and Satisfaction Guaranteed
At St. John’s Vein Center, we offer complete privacy, respect, and satisfaction to those who are suffering from varicose veins. We do this by a number of procedures for varicose vein treatment:
- VNUS Closure Procedure
- Endovenous Chemical Ablation
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
Only Accredited Vein Center in Northeast Florida and One of Only Six in Florida
St. Johns Vein Center is the only IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission) accredited vein center in Northeast Florida for Superficial Venous Evaluation and Management as a Vein Center and provider of Vascular Testing. As one of only six accredited centers in Florida, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of care to our patients.
Varicose Veins Effect a Large Percentage of the Population
More than an estimated 72% of females and 42% of adult males have developed varicose veins after the age of sixty. You don’t have to suffer through leg pain, leg discomfort, and embarrassing discoloration. Take time to contact Dr. St. George and his team at St. John’s Vein Center. You won’t be disappointed with the results.
Dr. James St. George, MD
- 20 years’ experience as a Board Certiﬁed Interventional Radiologist and Vascular Specialist
- Harvard Medical School’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital Graduate
- Specialist for research and academic instruction
- Published in multiple medical journals
- Certified by American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Diplomat of the American Board of Radiology/Interventional Radiology
- Registered Physician Vascular Interpreter (RPVI)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)