Risks of Varicose Veins
Varicose veins can pose health risks beyond cosmetic appearances. Varicose veins are known to enlarge and worsen over time. Severe varicose veins can cause health problems.
- Severe venous insufficiency – This severe pooling of blood in the veins slows the return of blood to the heart
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – This is a medical issue that has potential to lead to death or serious injury for high-risk patients
- Sores or skin ulcers
- Ongoing irritation, swelling and painful rashes of the legs
- Ankle swelling
- Pigmentation (skin changes around ankles and calf)
- Leg cramps
- Restless legs
- Itching, burning or tingling of the skin
If you experience any of these symptoms, please contact us to schedule a free consultation today.