When it comes down to it, getting beautiful legs is a combination of a healthy lifestyle, genetics, products, and procedures that varies from person to person. The professional team at St Johns Vein Center wants you to know what actually works, so you can take action and effectively prevent varicose veins and spider veins.
Prevent Varicose and Spider Veins
- Maintain or reach your ideal healthy weight: Discover your current BMI and how to reach or maintain your ideal healthy weight.
- Get plenty of activity: Are you getting the right amount of recommended activity? Consider using a fitness tracker to keep you up to date and on track.
- Eat a healthy diet: Good nutrition is important for maintaining a healthy body including your legs and leg veins.
- Wear quality sunscreen: Look for one with Broad-Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher, such as Day Moisturizer & Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30ml.
- Quit smoking: Learn about how cancer impacts vein disease and review how smoking affects the vascular system as well as increases the risk of developing cancer.
- Wear Compression Hose: Compression Hose are used for cosmetic spider vein treatment and everyday maintenance and prevention for people who stand or sit for prolonged periods of time in their daily routine. WATCH our helpful series of videos on compression hose!
Get the full details and additional resources in our complimentary guide on How to Prevent Varicose and Spider Veins.