Varithena is the first FDA approved injectable foam treatment that corrects reflux in the saphenous veins, reducing the appearance of bulging veins and relieving discomfort. If you have varicose veins, they may throb or feel itchy, heavy, achy and even painful. This injectable treatment helps relieve those feelings while leaving your legs looking and feeling better.
Varithena® Is Minimally invasive, nonsurgical
Treatment with Varithena® does not require any incisions or general anesthesia. It usually takes the doctor less than an hour to administer Varithena®.
Patients may resume some activities the same day but should avoid heavy exercise for one week.
Types of veins treated
Varithena® treats a wide range of varicose veins in the GSV system, including:
- Tortuous (twisted) veins
- Veins above and below the knee
- Veins with small, medium, and large diameters
- Veins previously treated with other methods
Varithena® does not treat all forms of varicose veins. Please talk with your doctor to see if Varithena® may be right for you.
How Varithena® works
- The doctor administers a small amount of Varithena® through a catheter or by direct injection into the malfunctioning vein
- The Varithena® microfoam fills and treats the desired section of the vein
- The diseased vein collapses and the microfoam is deactivated
- When the malfunctioning vein collapses, blood flow shifts to healthier veins nearby
Potential side effects
The most common side effects seen with Varithena® are leg pain or discomfort, injection site bruising or pain, and potentially serious
blood clots in the leg veins. These are not all of the possible side effects of Varithena®. See Important Safety Information.
If you would like more information please call our office at (904)373-1237 or Contact Us